baseclick - click chemistry for streamlined bioconjugation
Simple bioconjugation / labelling method | EdU cell proliferation assays | Click chemistry in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
baseclick is the inventor of the click chemistry, the most streamlined and simplified bioconjugation method in life science. The breakthrough in CuAAC or SPAAC, the so called click reaction, results in a convenient, versatile and reliable single step covalent coupling. Simple or no work-up and no purification are required!
High Purity: Provides products with high purity
High Quality: Analyzed by HPLC, LCMS and NMR measurement
High Activity: The high purity is a guarantee for the biological activity
Click Chemistry Technology Highlights
- Modify your oligos, DNA and RNA – Enables labelling with up to 99.99% yield!
- Discover clickable dyes, tags, sugars, fatty acids, amino acids, biotin etc.
- Improve your cell proliferation assays with EdU Cell Proliferation Kits, a superior alternative to BrdU assays
- Profit from 5’, 3’, dual, multi or internally labeled DNA or RNA sequences used in FISH & PCR Kits
- Profit from click chemistry in NGS – Enables – for the first time – complete full-length information from 5’ to 3’ in transcriptomics and is compatible with all available sequencing devices!
EdU cell proliferation assays - a superior alternative to BrdU assays
NOTE: All EdU based cell proliferation kits on the market are patented by baseclick!
Cell proliferation is characterized by de novo DNA synthesis during the S-Phase of the cell cycle. Measurement of DNA synthesis is therefore essential for assessing cell health, monitoring cell vitality, determining genotoxicity and evaluating the impact of drugs on cell cycle or cancer.
The traditional method uses the nucleoside analog BrdU to be incorporated into newly transcribed DNA. However, using the nucleoside analoge EdU (5-ethynyl-2’-deoxyuridine, as provided in baseclick ClickTech EdU cell proliferation assays) to be incorporated into DNA during active DNA synthesis, has several advantages over the BrdU method:
EdU vs. BrdU method
EdU method - Quick and gentle
ClickTech EdU assays measure the rate of new DNA synthesis based on the integration of nucleoside analog EdU (5-ethynyl-2’-deoxyuridine) into DNA.
Detection is via a catalyzed „click“ reaction that is typically completed within 30 minutes. The click reaction fluorescently labels proliferating cells. Only actively dividing cells are measured.
Advantages of EdU method:
- Simpler procedure with less working steps
- Time to detection = 1 hour
- Less cytotoxic, gentle reaction conditions
- No toxic effects in animals
ClickTech EdU method accurately determines cell proliferation while preserving cell morphology, DNA integrity and antigen binding sites. ClickTech EdU method produces low background and high detection sensitivity.
BrdU method - Lengthy and harsh
The traditional method uses the nucleoside analog BrdU (5-bromo-2′-deoxyuridine, a nucleoside analog of thymidine), which is incorporated into newly transcribed DNA.
After incorporation, samples are treated with aggressive methods (HCl, heat, or enzymes) to denature the DNA and expose the BrdU molecules for detection with anti-BrdU antibodies.
- Time consuming, includes more procedure steps
- Time to detection = 4 hours
- Performance may be inconsistent
- Harsh treatment necessary to give anti-BrdU antibody access to the incorporated BrdU nucleosides
Harsh treatments required for BrdU methods may affect sample integrity, cell morphology, image quality, and multiplexing capability.
EdU cell proliferation kits - Price comparison
|Baseclick (Lucerna-Chem AG)||ThermoFisher (Technology licensed from Baseclick)|
|EdU (5-Ethynyl-dU), allows detection of de novo DNA||50mg: 55.- BCN-001-50)
500mg: 568.- (BCN-001-500)
|ClickTech EdU Cell Proliferation Kit 488 for Imaging
5mg EdU, 100 Assays (0.5ml reaction volume)
also available for 555, 594 and 647
|> 1100.- (C10337)|
|ClickTech EdU Cell Proliferation Kit 488 for HTS
2x 2ml of 20x conc. EdU, 200 Assays
also available for 555
|> 1200.- (C10350)|
|ClickTech EdU Cell Proliferation Kit 488 for FC
4x 5mg EdU, 100 Assays
also available for 555, 594 and 647
|> 1700.- (C10419)|
baseclick ClickTech EdU product portfolio
Clickable EdU allows detection of de novo DNA.
EdU (5-ethynyl-2’-deoxyuridine) is a nucleoside analog to thymidine and can be incorporated into DNA during active DNA synthesis. For convenient fluorescent read-outs to assess cell proliferation, cell cycles, viability, etc.
ClickTech EdU Cell Proliferation Kits
ClickTech EdU Cell Proliferation Kits provide advantages over BrdU or 3H-thymidine cell viability assays.
- T Cell Proliferation Kits
- Kits for Imaging*
- Kits for Flow Cytometry*
- Kits for High-throughput Screening (HTS)*
- Sensitive Cell Proliferation Kits
*Kits available in a version for in vivo application