PROTHERMAL® - Keep your water bath clean!
Concentrate for maintaining water quality in waterbaths and thermostats
Prothermal® is an approved biocide concentrate (CHZN7072) for maintaining water quality in water baths and thermostats. Prothermal® prolongs the life of the filled water by preventing the growth of microorganisms. In addition, Prothermal® protects your equipment from calcareous deposits, thus ensuring a uniform heat transfer. The effectiveness of Prothermal® can be monitored by the blue color.
Shelf life of Prothermal® is >3 years at room temperature.
Main Features and Advantages of Prothermal®
- Microorganism proliferation, such as algae, mold and bacteria
- Development of odour
- Precipitation of salts
- Calcareous deposition
Benefits of Prothermal®
- Time and cost savings due to rare water changes
- Protection against clogging and contamination of the tempered equipment and water pipes
- Consistency of heat transfer due to the cleaning effect on various parts of the equipment
Usage of Prothermal®
Prothermal® is suitable for...
- Waterbaths and thermostats
- Heatable cuvette-holders
- All temperable watercooling systems
Instructions for use
- Clean the water bath / thermostat
- Add 2-3ml (if <50°C) or 1-2ml (if >50°C) Prothermal® per 1 litre of de-mineralised water (final concentration is 0.1 – 0.3%)
- Monitor the effectiveness of Prothermal® by the blue color of the water. In general, Prothermal® should be renewed after 2 months in water baths and after 3-4 months in closed cooling systems.