OZ Biosciences - The art of delivery systems
Tools for in vitro and in vivo delivery of DNA, RNA and proteins
OZ Biosciences has developed comprehensive lines of products in the field of Transfection for in vitro and in vivo delivery of DNA, RNA or proteins and Transduction tools for producing, concentrating, storing and enhancing virus efficiency. Discover OZ Biosciences Magnetofection™ gene delivery method, Polyfection, Lipofection, 3D transfection allowing nucleic acid delivery directly into 3D matrix, Protein delivery systems including antibody & based on biodegradable lipid nanoparticles, Vaccine adjuvants for antigenic & genetic immunization as well as Cell specific reagents specially for neurons and stem cells.
Magnetofectamine O2 Transfection Reagent
Magnetofection for Primary Cells & Hard-to-Transfect Cells
Magnetofecatmine O2 – an alliance of MTX transfection reagent and CombiMag – is the ideal transfection kit for primary and hard-to-transfect cells. Transfects all kind of nucleic acids.
- Increased transfection efficiency
- Enhanced gene expression
- Minimized toxicity – Low amount of nucleic acids
- No need to change your standard protocol
- Serum compatible
- Reproducibility & stability of the reagent
Cytotoxicity: Magnetofectamine O2 vs. Electroporation
Cytotoxicity comparison on primary cells between two transfection methods: Electroporation and MTX02.
Magnetofectamine O2 vs. Lipofectamine 2000
Comparison of transfection efficiency in primary cells
Transfection efficiency of primary cells is higher using Magnetofectamine O2 when compared to Lipofectamine 2000.
Various primary cells were transfected with Lipofectamine 2000 or Magnetofectamine O2. Magnetofectamine O2 outperforms Lipofectamine 2000 transfection efficiency.
Do you want to switch from
Lipofectamine to Magnetofectamine?
Further Magnetofection Products
NeuroMag™ Transfection Reagent
Magnetofection for Primary Neurons, All Neural Cells and Cardiomyocytes
NeuroMag™ Transfection Reagent is the first dedicated Magnetofection™ transfection reagent for primary neurons and neural cells from 1 DIV to 21 DIV. It has proven to be extremely efficient in transfecting a large variety of primary neurons such as cortical, hippocampal, dorsal root ganglion and motor neurons with all types of nucleic acids. Moreover, high transfection efficiency was also achieved in primary astrocytes, oligodendrocyte precursors or neural stem cells as well as other cell lines (C6, B65, PC12, N2A…).
- Great efficiency, ideal for primary neurons and all neural cells
- Efficient from DIV 1 to 21 DIV
- High transfected neurons viability
- Non toxic and completely biodegradable
- Ready-to-use, straightforward and rapid
- For all types of nucleic acids
- Long lasting transgene expression (up to 7 days)
- Serum compatible
- >2000 Publications!
NeuroMag™ vs. other Transfection Reagents
Superior transfection efficiency obtained with NeuroMag™ on primary rat hippocampal neurons
Primary rat hippocampal neurons 3 days after transfection.
Transfection efficiency of several commercial reagents on primary rat hippocampal neurons.
Do you want to switch to NeuroMag™?
ViroMag™ Reagents – Magnetofection Transduction Enhancers
Magnetic nanoparticles formulation dedicated to increase virus infection and transduction
- Increase transduction efficiency for up to 10 fold
- Enhance virus transduction with extremely low vector doses
- Infect non permissive cells and hard-to-infect cells
- Synchronise cells adsorption/infection without virus modification
- Accelerate infection
- Concentrate virus (low MOI)
ViroMag™: suitable for all viruses
ViroMag R/L: optimized for Retroviruses and Lentiviruses
ViroMag Stem: improved viral driven genetic modification in stem cells
In vivo ViroMag: for in vivo targeted transduction with any viral vector
ViroMag CRISPR: magnetic viral transduction enhancer for CRISPR/Cas viruses (adenovirus, lentivirus, retrovirus…)
ViroMag R/L is highly more efficient than Polybrene
ViroMag R/L is highly efficient for lentiviral infection. NIH-3T3 cells were infected with a lentivirus coding for GFP alone or with Polybrene, ViroMag or ViroMag R/L. Percentage of infected cells was determined 48h and 72h after infection by FACS analysis.
Helix-IN™ DNA Transfection Reagent
Polyfection-based, powerful broad-spectrum transfection from classic cell lines to difficult-to-transfect cells
Helix-IN™ DNA Transfection Reagent opens up new possibilities for addressing issues of classical transfection technologies. Helix-IN™ is based on Polyfection with a novel patented Cationic Hydroxylated Amphiphilic Multi-block Polymer (CHAMP™ Technology). Helix-IN™ is based on Polyfection with a novel patented Cationic Hydroxylated Amphiphilic Multi-block Polymer (CHAMP™ Technology). The particularity of the CHAMP technology comes from the fact that the bi-functional cationic biopolymer binds and condenses DNA to an unprecedented level what contributes to cytosol delivery, that a pH responsive and cleavable linker improves cellular delivery by favoring endosomal membrane destabilization and that it serves as a DNA shield and nuclear uptake facilitator.
Thus, this novel bi-functional co-polymer is biocompatible, ionizable, pH responsive and biodegradable.
Helix-IN™ Outperforms Classical Transfection Reagents!
Transfection Efficiency: Helix-IN™ performs better competitors
Minimized cellular stress + High secreted protein production
xF: xFect, L2: Lipofectamine 2000, L3:Lipofectamine 3000, jP: jetPRIME, fHD: FugeneHD
Helix-IN vs competitors for Secreted Alkaline Phosphatase protein production
and ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) generation.
Preserved viability + High intracellular protein production
Helix-IN vs competitors for intracellular protein production and Toxicity.
- Enhanced transfection efficiency
- Low cellular stress thanks to minimized toxicity
- Higher viability thanks to preserved membrane stability
- High Intracellular Protein Production
- High secreted Protein Production
- Biodegradable – avoid secondary effects
- Compatible with any culture medium
Lullaby™ siRNA Transfection Reagent
Lipofection-based siRNA transfection reagent ideal for gene silencing in many cell lines
Lullaby™ has been successfully tested on numerous cell lines, reaching up to 90% gene silencing with high reproducibility and a very low toxicity. It introduces the siRNA duplexes in a variety of cells with a very high efficiency leading to exceptional knockdown effects with low doses of siRNA.
- Allows to reach up to 90% gene silencing with high reproducibility
- No toxicity due to reagent biodegradability
- Low siRNA/miRNA amount required
- Off-target effects minimized
- Suitable for siRNA, miRNA, shRNA, dsRNA, etc.
- Applicable to a broad range of cells
- Serum compatible & Non toxic
Lullaby™ outperforms other transfection reagents in silencing gene expression in cell lines
H441-GFP cells were transfected in 24-well plates with 20 nM of siRNA and with 3μL of Lullaby® or other transfection reagents. Reagents HP and LP were used according manufacturer’s protocol. GFP expression was monitored 72h post-transfection.
Further Transfection Reagents based on Lipofection
LentiBlast Premium - Biochemical Transduction Enhancer
Dramatically increases lentiviral infection and transduction efficiency
- LentiBlast Premium maximizes lentivirus infection efficiency for hard-to-transduce cells
- Suitable for any type of cells, adherent or in suspension, primary or cell lines
- Maximizes cell viability: non-toxic
- Overcomes obstacles that prevent successful transduction (cell density, passage number, lentivirus purity, MOI, …)
- Ideal solution for CAR-T and stem cell therapies
- No Polybrene needed
LentiBlast Premium induces the most higher fold increase in infection, when compared to competitors
Comparison of transduction enhancers of CD34+ cell line with lentiviral vector. KG1a were infected with GFP encoding lentivirus at M.O.I. of 2, 5 and 20 in presence or not of transduction enhancers. (A) Percentage of CD34+ cells was measured 72H after by flow cytometry and fold increase in transduction was calculated in comparison to non treated cells (B). NT, non treated infected cells; Pb, polybrene; VE, ViralEntry; VF, Vectofusin; LBP, LentiBlast Premium; RN, RetroNectin; Lb, LentiBOOST. Results are given as the mean of samples (n=3) ± SD.
Bioproduction - Large Scale Protein and Virus Production
HYPE™ Transfection Kits for High Yield Protein Production
HYPE-293™, HYPE-CHO™ and HYPE-5™ Transfection Kits are dedicated to achieve High Yield Protein Expression in any HEK293-related cells growing in suspension, in any CHO-related cells growing in suspension or in both cell types (HYPE-5™ ), respectively. Scale-up to larger volumes for production of milligrams of protein per liter of cell culture is straightforward and easy with simple and cost efficient handling steps.
- Reach optimal Protein & Antibody production yield
- Compatible with any synthetic or regular media used for protein production
- Ideal for bioreactor, spinner or flasks
- Animal origin free
HYPE-293™ outperforms competitor reagents
SEAP-expression with HYPE-293™ Kit vs. other reagents.
HYVIR™ Transfection Reagent for High Yield Virus Production
HYVIR™, is a novel lipid-based transfection kit dedicated to enhance viral particles production in HEK-293T. Its specific formulation allows an optimal plasmid compaction, protection and delivery rendering HYVIR ideal for the production of last generation of lentivirus.
- Reach high-titer functional lentiviral / virus production
- Co-transfection of 4 plasmids at the same time
- Easily scalable for production in large volumes
- Can be raised to superior grade
HYVIR™ outperforms competitor reagents
Lipid NanoParticle (LNP)
Ideal siRNA transfection reagent for gene silencing
Lipid Nanoparticles (LNPs) represent the most effective and safe delivery systems for the translational success of nucleic acid drugs. NanOZ LNP-RNA protects RNA from degradation and facilitate intracellular uptake and thus potentiate its efficacy.
- Ready-to-use mRNA encoding GFP, Luciferase or Ovalbumin protein formulated in Lipid Nanoparticle
- Empty LNP